2012 Olympics – London, England

It was my high honor to spend 12 glorious days in London for the 2012 Olympic Summer Games with LWFCI. A year ago in March (2011) I was one of two keynote speakers at the gorgeous Dallas Fort-Worth Marriott for the Texas Christian High School Athlete of the Year Awards. Approximately 1,250 were in attendance and the irony is the other keynote presenter was none other than “Olympian of the Centuty” Carl Lewis. It is always a treat to go from a fan to friend and Dr Sam Mings, founder of the event invited me to join Olympian Carl Lewis and he to London to be part motivator and minister during the games to both current and past world champions and speak at countless events while overseas.

One of my dear friends is Joe DeLoach and in the video below he talks about beating Carl Lewis for gold in 1988 in Seoul, Korea. Carl won NINE gold medals and one silver and his fellow USA teammate beat him from getting his tenth gold. Enjoy the clip below as Joe talks about gold and God.

It is an honor to be invited back to speak at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia and the 2016 Summer Games in Brazil. Hopefully, we can connect with soccer legend PELE while at the next Olympics! Enjoy the video below!

WATCH Carl & Joe go for the gold @ 1988 Olympics

By | 2012-08-16T01:10:49+00:00 August 16th, 2012|Blog|9 Comments

About the Author:

9 Comments

1. Linda Jackson August 16, 2012 at 1:13 am

LOVED THE PICS FRANK!! You are a world-changer!! You deserve gold for your heart and attitude!! Way to represent USA!!!

2. Shelley D August 16, 2012 at 1:14 am

You’re a beast Frank!!! So proud of you, my friend!!

3. Kristen August 16, 2012 at 1:15 am

Hey Frank? Welcome to OUR neck of the pond! Hope you are having fun and being blessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Larry Hicks August 16, 2012 at 1:15 am

TOO COOL! You guys met Kobe & Tony Parker!!

5. Regina Jenkins August 16, 2012 at 1:17 am

Mr Shelton – I met you at the Newark Airport as you were boarding the plane to fly to Heathrow in London. What a JOY it was to meet you for those brief minutes. I purchased your book on AMAZON and LOVE it!! It was just what I needed CAREER VS CALLING and it was a divine appointment meeting you. Glad your trip to UK was great and it was super meeting you. Its nice to meet someone doing what they were put on Earth to do.

6. Richard Luck August 16, 2012 at 1:28 am

JOE DELOACH is the man. Thanks for sharing Frank. I loved his humble heart and I didn’t know that he beat Carl Lewis! You meet the neatest people! Blessings to you and your family.

7. Zandra August 16, 2012 at 1:30 am

Yo yo Joe!! Nice video Frank. Now why didn’t I think of that! I miss you guys already. If you’re still there give Joe a hug for me!!! 🙂

8. Ross A August 16, 2012 at 1:30 am

LOVE FRANK & FRIENDS! When you coming back to ATL?

9. Larry Turner August 16, 2012 at 1:31 am

I caught your TV interview in Fort Myers, FL and was really impressed. You have a way with words and its obvious you are the real deal. God bless you!

Comments are closed.